Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Serious Soreness

That Monday run, the 15 minute one...well, I was experimenting with a method of running called the Pose (r) method. You can check it out here. Now, I was just thinking about the basics: forward leaning, land on the forefoot, let gravity help, stay off the heels...

I knew my calves would be sore but...ow. Sore. Sore. Sore. My quads, nothing. Its all in my calves.

Yesterday I had a bit of a time stretching upright to get out of bed. Today is a bit better.

I am behind on my training schedule and I really don't want to push to April for the race but in the 1-1/2 weeks I've been on a plan, I've only gotten two days out on the street. The weather has been either feet of snow, below freezing temps or both. I don't have the gear (I think) to run in this weather and I'm not sure I want to risk a cold to try.

Monday was beautiful so I convinced my aunt to stroll with my son while I did my run. It was only 14 degrees outside so we made sure that Littles was all bundled up.



He could barely see above the scarf but that B*O*B stroller I have is amazing, it will go through anything: the sand on the beach in Santa Monica or seven inches of snow in Cleveland.

We got 4.5 inches of snow yesterday and are expecting another 3 or so inches today. The street hasn't been plowed. I would like to run and I never thought I'd hear myself say that but now, since I can run, I want to run and I CAN'T! Curse you, Mother Nature! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. Encouragement is welcome.