Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Course

Today I drove to the race course.

I downloaded the course from the website and headed over there today to get the lay of the land.

There are a few tiny hills and a spot where the wind just whips across.

Today was bright sunshiney, windy and nice, around 62 deg.

I think I ran 2/3 of it, walked the other 1/3. I can honestly say that the 1/3 I walked was into the wind, uphill with the stroller. Ugh. Serious resistance.

Since I don't know where the mile makers were, I just concentrated on finishing it running, which I did. I think about mile 2.5 I hit a bit of a wall and this coincided with the last uphill spot where the wind comes across. The last 2/10 or so is mildly downhill and I let the stroller roll on its own while I held its leash. Xavier slept the whole time. (I won't be pushing him for the race...thankfully!)

So, all in all, a good day. I felt happy with my progress and if I can keep on keeping on, the weather stays mild and I don't get another sinus flare up, I could actually do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. Encouragement is welcome.