Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hills

Today I decided that I would do The Hills by the house. My aunt and uncle live right next to the Metroparks system and in order to get to their house, you have to drive through it. The directions usually include, "turn left, go down the hill, then up the hill, turn right, then left and you're here." I did the hills today, both of them. I went down the hill, across for a half mile, then up the hill, then back down, across and back up.

I know I'm being sort of cryptic and that's okay. Suffice it to say that these hills are about 1/4 mile long, each, and are both, on average, about a 10-12 degree incline. There is one section of hill that has a short steep part, right near the crest.

Pushing the stroller up the hills is quite a glute/hammy workout. There was no running, just pushing uphill...push, push, push. Thankfully, the day is bright and sunny and lots of blue sky. We did stop to watch the fly fishers in the river catch some pretty big fish!

Very Sisyphean of me, without the rolling back down...that would have been dangerous for Littles.

Maybe later, I'll do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. Encouragement is welcome.